A simple website can cost roughly $1,000 to design, while a specialized, complicated web platform can cost $1,000,000 or more in America. A business website costs between $18,000 and $25,000, whereas basic e-commerce or social platform costs $60,000 or more. A more complex website could set you back $300,000 or more. This price range gets determined by the website’s size, complexity, technology stack, and IT vendor. In most circumstances, judging a website’s price only based on its design is hard.
What if I told you one is a custom website that costs more, while the other is a WordPress website that costs less? The first website costs $1,000 to $3,000, and the second website costs $60,000 or more. What makes you think that?
The cost of developing a website gets determined by a variety of factors. Consider how some companies respond to the question. “how much does it cost to construct a website?” Web Hosting Secret undertook a thorough analysis to establish the cost of developing a 10-page website:
- The cost of a simple website ranges from $200 to $1,500.
- A custom-designed website costs between $1,500 and $5,000.
- A website with a bespoke design and features will cost between $5,000 and $10,000.
- The expense of ongoing website development and promotion could range from $1,000 to $10,000 each month.
Clutch also offers cost estimates for website development based on the type of website and the development locale. North America will have the highest website development costs, ranging from $132 to $170 per hour, followed by Western Europe ($61-$120/hour). Eastern Europe has the most cost-effective website building services, with hourly fees ranging from $35 to $60.
There is a way to build a website for free. Using a free WordPress template, anyone can create a website for no cost. Using a template to create a website for free is still not a good idea for a business. Bugs, advertisements, viruses, poor hosting, and a lack of custom domain names are all possible side effects of these templates. So, consider it!
Nowadays, you may build a website on your own. What does it cost to develop a website in this manner? Only consider self-developing a website if you need to create the most basic website, such as a personal blog or a single web page.
It’s important to remember the following stages while creating any form of website:
- The phase of website design and layout
- The building or coding phase of a website
- Setup and launch of a website (web hosting, domain name, security certificates, etc.)
- Content production for websites
- Bug fixes for the website
- Ongoing website support and upkeep
As a result, all you need to build a website is:
- Choose a web software program.
- Configure your web design theme and extra plugins to meet the website’s requirements.
- Register a domain name that reflects the content of your website.
- Choose and set up a suitable website host.
- Make sure your content and branding assets are ready to launch (Ex. logo)